Welcome to this Website for collectors and other lovers of Postcards, Cigarette and Trade cards and many other forms of ephemera and paper collectibles. While based in Sydney, Australia the New South Wales Postcard Collectors Society Inc has members throughout Australia.
For details of Membership Fees and to apply for Membership or to renew Membership CLICK HERE
The Society’s ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING FOR 2023 will be held at after the September Fair on 19 May 2023 at the Imar Community Hall, 2a Fitzroy St Croydon
The agenda for the Society’s 2023 AGM and the call for nominations of Office Bearers to be elected at that meeting will be available when ready by CLICKiING HERE
We have now set up a Facebook page to assist fellow collectors keep up with our activities, to communicate with others about cards and collecting, and seek information and knowledge about cards, publishers, artists, etc etc. To reach that page CLICK HERE
The Society normally holds three great fairs a year at the Imar Community Hall, 2a Fitzroy St Croydon. (For location CLICK HERE) from 9.00am to 2.00 pm, at which there are literally tens of thousands of cards (cigarette and trade cards as well as postcards), old books and magazines, stamps and postal history, items of ephemera and other collectibles for sale- many of which are now 100 years or more old! To see some items that have been found at one of our past Fairs CLICK HERE.
N.B Also, if you have any of the above you would like to sell, or learn what they might be worth, bring them along and show them to the dealers in the hall
Our remaining Fairs for 2023 will be held on Sunday 11 June (this is a new date) and Sunday 19 November. (Subject to any last-minute Covid restrictions)
Sandwiches and light refreshments will be available.
At those Fairs a condition of entry is that each attendee must agree to comply with all regulatory and other requirements which are considered necessary to protect us all in the light of the then Covid situation. These are likely to include Registering time of entry and departure, and social distancing. Masks are recommended, and hand sanitisers will be readily available and we recommend that they are used frequently, preferably between moving from one table to another.
Cards like these have been traded at our past fairs
Postcards, Cigarette and Trade cards:
- depict almost every aspect of human activity, endeavor and interest
- provide vivid and often attractive images of great relevance to a very wide range of people with interests as diverse as local history, military and naval history, Australiana, advertising, sports such as cricket or football, art nouveau, entertainment, ethnography, anthropology, railways, shipping, aviation, fantasy, children’s art, animals and birds (both domestic and wild), glamour, humour, rural life and traditional industries such as timber, mining, wheat and wool, fine arts, crafts
- are keenly sought by those interested in particular countries and regions of the world (from very large and famous cities to remote and isolated islands).
- provide wonderful examples of a very wide range of graphic art and its techniques over more than 100 years
- provide philatelists with rare and highly collectable postmarks and (occasionally) valuable stamps.
A selection of images depicted upon cards and ephemera collected by members of the Society are showcased below to illustrate the range and depth of interests of collectors of these wonderful “pieces of old paper”. To see the other items which have previously been showcased CLICK HERE